3.28.2007

Get that done really fast


I know that we live in a fast-paced world, but some things just seem to go overboard. One thing that I have noticed is that people use the phrase expedite quickly.
Expedite: 1 : to execute promptly

I doubt that most people who use the phrase expedite quickly actually mean to execute it promptly quickly, but you never know how fast they really want it done.

Another transitive verb that has a similar definition is fast-track. I tend to see fast-track more often. But then again, I am pretty sure that I have never seen a writer put fast-track quickly, either, so that is a good thing.

2 comments:

maswey said...

thank you nice sharing

cep program
symbian program
nokia program

Alice feng said...

[url=http://www.yokadresses.com/]Prom Dresses[/url],cheap and beautiful